The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Taxis exists to support the taxi industry in the UK. Founded with the backing of Members of Parliament from different political parties, it seeks to use Parliament to raise the issues facing taxi drivers today and in the future.
This is not an official website of the House of Commons or the House of Lords. It has not been approved by either House or its committees. All-Party Parliamentary Groups are informal groups of Members of both Houses with a common interest in particular issues. The views expressed in these webpages are those of the group.
APPG on Taxis: AGM
Wednesday 15 January
Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the AGM of the APPG on Taxis, which was held on Wednesday 15 January at 09:30.
The following members were elected as officers for the 2020/2021 session:
- Wes Streeting MP (Labour, Ilford North) – Chair
- Andrew Rosindell MP (Conservative, Romford) – Vice Chair
- Sir Charles Walker MP (Conservative, Broxbourne) – Vice Chair
- Daniel Zeichner MP (Labour, Cambridge) – Vice Chair
- Jon Cruddas MP (Labour, Dagenham and Rainham) – Vice Chair
- Sarah Champion MP (Labour, Rotherham) – Vice Chair
- Neil Coyle MP (Labour, Bermondsey and Old Southwark) – Treasurer
- Yasmin Qureshi MP (Labour, Bolton South East) – Secretary
The APPG also approved an income and expenditure statement for the previous year (September 2018 – November 2019). This statement is available here.
The APPG approved its work programme for 2020, which can be viewed here. The APPG also approved Newington Communications to continue as the secretariat for the group.
The minutes, with a full account of the decisions taken at the AGM can be found here.