The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Taxis exists to support the taxi industry in the UK. Founded with the backing of Members of Parliament from different political parties, it seeks to use Parliament to raise the issues facing taxi drivers today and in the future.
This is not an official website of the House of Commons or the House of Lords. It has not been approved by either House or its committees. All-Party Parliamentary Groups are informal groups of Members of both Houses with a common interest in particular issues. The views expressed in these webpages are those of the group.
APPG on Taxis & APPG on Electric Vehicles joint event
Monday 10 February
The APPG on Taxis is hosting a joint event with the APPG on Electric Vehicles entitled ‘Driving a zero-emission future in the taxi trade’.
This event will be held on Monday 10 February at 15:30 in Committee Room 11, in the Palace of Westminster.
This event will bring together leading figures from across the taxi and electric vehicle industries for a panel discussion about the future of zero emission capable (ZEC) taxis, and how the Government should best support the industry’s progress in adopting ZEC taxi technology.
- Joerg Hoffman – CEO, London Electric Vehicle Company
- Vandana Prashar – Head of Operations, Free Now
- Tanya Sinclair – Policy Director, ChargePoint
- Lucy Hayward-Speight – Transport Strategy and Planning Manager, TfL
The discussion, led by the Chairs of both APPGs, will focus on:
- The progress made by the trade in adopting the ZEC taxi in London and across the country, and where this progress fits in with the government’s transport and environmental objectives;
- The need for more rapid charging infrastructure and financial incentives on a national and London-wide level to support wider adoption of the ZEC taxi;
- Examples of best practice partnership models – between local authorities, the trade, government and charging infrastructure providers – that should be emulated across the country;
- The challenges that are standing in the way of the wider adoption of the ZEC taxi.
All Parliamentarians are welcome. If you would like to attend please RSVP to Nicholas Jessup in the APPG on Taxis’ secretariat office at email@example.com or 020 7234 3347.
APPG on Taxis: AGM
Wednesday 15 January
Thank you to everyone who was able to attend the AGM of the APPG on Taxis, which was held on Wednesday 15 January at 09:30.
The following members were elected as officers for the 2020/2021 session:
- Wes Streeting MP (Labour, Ilford North) – Chair
- Andrew Rosindell MP (Conservative, Romford) – Vice Chair
- Sir Charles Walker MP (Conservative, Broxbourne) – Vice Chair
- Daniel Zeichner MP (Labour, Cambridge) – Vice Chair
- Jon Cruddas MP (Labour, Dagenham and Rainham) – Vice Chair
- Sarah Champion MP (Labour, Rotherham) – Vice Chair
- Neil Coyle MP (Labour, Bermondsey and Old Southwark) – Treasurer
- Yasmin Qureshi MP (Labour, Bolton South East) – Secretary
The APPG also approved an income and expenditure statement for the previous year (September 2018 – November 2019). This statement is available here.
The APPG approved its work programme for 2020, which can be viewed here. The APPG also approved Newington Communications to continue as the secretariat for the group.
The minutes, with a full account of the decisions taken at the AGM can be found here.